The COVID-19 global pandemic has affected every part of daily life, and the leaders at CaringGivers have been carefully monitoring the ever-changing situation. Our main consideration is, and always has been, the safety of our clients and caregivers. During this uncertain time, we are still providing services to clients throughout the greater D.C. area, ensuring the seniors we serve are safe and well cared for
Our leaders have been using best practices and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as from the public health departments serving our area. We have used this information to develop policies and procedures that will limit exposure to the coronavirus and that will keep our clients and caregivers safe.
At CaringGivers, we have taken steps to:
- Appropriately screen clients and caregivers before regular appointments
- Boost our already stringent infection control policies by requiring caregivers to wear masks, gloves, and other PPE as necessary
- Educate our caregivers on warning signs of coronavirus and how those may present in the seniors we serve
- Educate our caregivers on what to do if they have a client who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms
- Keep all caregivers who are ill out of client homes
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response, or if you have a loved one who is lonely and struggling at home alone, please call our offices. We are here to help and we are here to serve, especially during these uncertain times.
We will get through this as we always have: together.